Here’s how the corporate news media corporate think tanks constantly lie to us.
1. They tell us the US has a big trade deficit with China.
Why it’s a lie.
* US corporations have exported millions of US jobs to China, then exported those things manufactured in China to the US, thereby creating the massive trade deficit. In other words, the US trade deficit with China is really a US trade deficit with US based corporations. These liars in the press know this, but on behalf of their master’s of the one percent, they continue to lie to us.
We’re at the stage now where few people can grasp the issues mainly because the corporate propaganda machine has dumb-downed us.
Here’s another example of a lie.
2. The Trans-Pacific Partnership will create US jobs.
* The Trans-Pacific Partnership has almost nothing to do with trade. It’s all about redistributing your income and political power to the 1 percent. But the corporate propaganda machine doesn’t want you to know this. What else don’t they want you to know?
* Twelve nations are nearly finished with negotiating the agreement. The USA has only a few miniscule trade impediments with these nations, which includes Japan, Mexico, Vietnam, and Canada. Vietnam has tariff rates of 15 percent or less depending on the goods shipped from the United States, and this is the highest rate among the TPP nations. Most have less than 5 percent tariffs, and in most cases the average tariff is 0 to 2 percent. In other words, currently, there is not a whole lot of impediments for shipping goods to the member states of the TPP. This means the number of US jobs created by the agreement will be miniscule compared to the number of US jobs the agreement will destroy.
* How much demand for US goods will occur in Vietnam whose wages are less than 1/2 of Chinese wages? The answer, of course, is pretty close to zero.
* TPP will give incentives for US corporations to export millions of US jobs. The Federal Reserve estimates that 28 million US jobs were exported between 1990 and 2010.
* TPP will increase US income and wealth inequality. The 1 percent have already taken 95 percent of all income growth in the United States since 2009. Currently, the 1 percent are stealing 36+ percent of all income produced in the USA, compared to only 8 percent in 1980. International trade scams and other federal legislation have brought inequality about. For example, when the above jobs were exported, the difference between the old higher US wages and the new lower wages will go straight into the pockets of the 1 percent via higher corporate profits, rising dividends and surging share prices.
* Those lost jobs will no longer be paying the taxes for our infrastructure, K-12 education, higher education (tuition and fees will go up), social safety nets, schools, fire, police, public transportation, social security taxes, but those lost jobs will push the stock markets higher.
* TPP will effectively eliminate your voting rights on local and state issues since it will unconstitutionally grant investors of the 0.01 percent special privileges to challenge labeling and health and safety local laws and regulations of the 99 percent, which most people call voter suppression, but in this case it should be called voter elimination.
* TPP will eliminate millions of jobs in Latin America, which will drive millions of more people illegally into the United States and depress wages here.