To all of those who say that Bernie Sanders and his loss in New York to Wall Street’s Democratic presidential candidate means he’s going to lose the fight to be the Democratic nominee for president of the United States, this is what I say;
First or all, it ain’t over until it’s over, and it ain’t over.
Second, you’re not looking at the long haul. We are a movement that is only growing. In the next few weeks we shall see if Bernie can win the presidential primary or not, but we will remain a movement of the 99 percent–win or lose. What’s more, our time to win against the big finance boys is coming, and relatively soon.
The next recession is already on its way, (See The coming recession is going to be a big one–John Hively) and it’s going to be worse than the last one. Think perhaps not quite the Great Depression (more or less), and certainly something worse than the the Great Recession of 2007-2009, at least for the 99 percent.
That means we will get stronger as a movement as more and more working folks realize the 99 percent have been mired in an economic rigged game for the last thirty-five years that has allowed Wall Street, other big corporations, and the rest of the 1 percent, to trample over us via legislation, corrupt politicians, and a corrupt supreme court.
Whether Bernie wins this year or not is less important than maintaining this movement that he leads. Four or less years from now, our movement will be so strong we will win. Elizabeth Warren will likely step into Bernie’s shoes and become the next Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Politicians such as Wall Street Senator’s Ron Wyden, Orrin Hatch, and Mitch McConnell will be out, replaced by more Sherrod Brown’s and Jeff Merkley’s. That’s assuming, of course, that Bernie loses the nomination, which hasn’t occurred yet.
The question is whether or not we win this year or next time. We will win, and soon. We just have to stick together. And yes, Bernie can win this thing this year. It ain’t over, til it’s over!