Hillary and Bill Clinton have made millions giving speeches to Wall Street investment banks. Did Wall Street CEO’s get what they wanted from the Clinton’S?
1. Begin with Nafta, which exported millions of American jobs. The difference between the old higher US wages and the new lower Mexican wages went straight into the pockets of the rich via higher corporate profits, rising share prices, and surging dividends, which pushed the stock markets into sizzling record territory during the 1990’s in a massive stock market bubble.
2. Then think about the repeal of Glass-Steagall, the passage of the Telecommunications Act, and giving China temporary most favored nation status in 1994, and which cost the US millions of jobs.
3. In 1994, President Bill Clinton signed legislation lifting the restrictions limiting Hedge Funds from having fewer than 100 clients, and this has allowed for them to grow into hundreds of billions of dollars each, and all of this at the expense of the 99 percent.
4. And that’s just a few of the favors the Clinton’s did for Wall Street at the expense of the 99 percent.
4. We can’t forget Hillary voted for the war in Iraq, the South Korea Trade Treaty, the Colombia and Panama trade treaties, and, of course, who can forget Hillary’s gold standard for trade agreements, the trans pacific partnership, which will cost the US millions of jobs and send trillions of dollars of income from the 99 to the 1 percent.
What I don’t understand is how anybody could trust any Clinton, especially given that Bill and Hillary have gotten millions of dollars for speeches to Wall Street investment firms.
Maybe if we elect Hillary, could we trust in her to reverse Billy boy’s gross favors to the Clinton’s Wall Street friends?