Why do we have so much inequality of income and wealth today? The Reagan tax cuts unleashed billions of dollars into the political markets on behalf of the rich. The result has been massive corruption in government in all three branches, and both major political parties are now train wrecks of corruption. The result is large numbers of legislation and international income redistribution agreements falsely label trade agreements. These agreements are designed to redistribute income and wealth from the 99 to the 1 percent. That’s why and how the 1 percent steal over 36 percent of the income people produce in the USA yearly, compared to 8 percent in 1980. That’s also why the economy is historically weak.
The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) is the latest scam being pushed by the 1 percent through their President Barack Obama, as well as Wall Street Senator’s Ron Wyden, Orrin Hatch and Mitch McConnell. Among other things, the TPP will:
* TPP will give incentives for US corporations to export millions of US jobs. The Federal Reserve estimates that 28 million US jobs were exported between 1990 and 2010.
* TPP will increase US income and wealth inequality. The 1 percent have already taken 95 percent of all income growth in the United States since 2009. When the above jobs were exported, the difference between the old higher US wages and the new lower wages will go straight into the pockets of the 1 percent via higher corporate profits, rising dividends and surging share prices.
* Those lost jobs will no longer be paying the taxes for our infrastructure, social safety nets, schools, fire and police, but those lost jobs will push the stock markets higher.
* TPP will effectively eliminate your voting rights on local and state issues since it will unconstitutionally grant investors of the 0.01 percent special privileges to challenge labeling and health and safety local laws and regulations of the 99 percent, which most people call voter suppression, but in this case it should be called voter elimination,
* TPP will offer new monopolies for Big Pharma to raise medicine prices they charge you (which redistributes income from the 99 to the 1 percent),
* TPP will limit food safety standards (which redistributes and transforms your health into the profits of the 1 percent),
* TPP will block financial regulations aimed at preventing the next financial crisis (which will make it easier for Wall Street to redistribute your income and wealth to the 1 percent).
* TPP will destroy millions of jobs in Latin America (230,000 in the textile industry of El Salvador alone) forcing millions of undocumented immigrants into the United States.
* The result of the above will be to depress wages in both North and South America, all to the benefit of the 1 percent, and all at the expense of the 99 percent.
* And we can’t forget that TPP will increase the already massive US trade deficit with other nations, which is supposed to be a bad thing. The exported jobs will be producing goods overseas rather than here, and then US corporations will export their products from China and Vietnam into the United States, exacerbating the current trade deficit.
Read Full Post »