What do international trade treaties, such as the looming Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), have to do with the rising cost of education? Tons!
The Race to the Bottom isn’t working for 99 percent of US citizens. Yet, the corrupt US government continues to follow the same failed economic policies of the last thirty years because those policies benefit the 1 percent at the expense of the 99 percent. That is why President Obama, Republican leaders, and Corporate Democrats like Wall Street Senator Ron Wyden are pushing for Fast Track Authority for the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). Fast Track will limit debate, so they can push confirmation of this income redistribution scam through the senate without you knowing about it.
The TPP is a massive income redistribution treaty falsely marketed as an international trade agreement. The TPP is about exporting more jobs overseas, redistributing the difference between the old higher wages and the new lower wages from the taxpaying 99 percent to the 1 percent via higher corporate earnings, rising dividends and surging share prices.
What does this have to do with education?
Most public universities rely on state tax dollars for much of their funding. Middle class jobs are the United States largest export product. Taxes come from those jobs, especially sales, income and property taxes. Nearly 29 million tax paying US jobs were exported from 1990 to 2010. That’s a lot of tax dollars that used to go toward education.
As these jobs were exported, the cost of education gradually had to be carried more and more by students and their families.
Fight against this latest income transfer scam, the Trans Pacific Partnership, which has been negotiated to redistribute your income and tax dollars to the 1 percent. But that’s not all!
A total lack of transparency over the so-called free trade treaty’s components and some emerging details have created unlikely allies on the issue. Details from negotiations have been leaked against the wishes the president.
From leaked documents, which can be found on Wikileaks, we know the secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership will;
* will effectively eliminate your voting rights on local and state issues since it will unconstitutionally grant investors of the 0.01 percent special privileges to challenge labeling and health and safety local laws and regulations of the 99 percent, which most people call voter suppression, but in this case it should be called voter elimination,
* offer new monopolies for Big Pharma to raise medicine prices they charge you (which redistributes income from the 99 to the 1 percent),
* limit food safety standards (which redistributes and transforms your health into the profits of the 1 percent),
* block financial regulations aimed at preventing the next financial crisis (which will make it easier for Wall Street to redistribute your income and wealth to the 1 percent).
* will also kill the remainder of the US textile industry, destroy millions of jobs in Latin America, drive millions of undocumented immigrants into the United States,
* and depress wages in both North and South America, all to the benefit of the 1 percent, and all at the expense of the 99 percent.
* And we can’t forget that it will increase the already massive US trade deficit with other nations, which is supposed to be a bad thing.
* In other words, this scam is the largest income redistribution treaty of all time from the 99 to the 1 percent.
Sounds like a great deal for the 1 percent. And we barely know any of the details.
Why do Wall Street Senator Ron Wyden, President Obama, and the entire Republican Party want to do this to us? Ask them. It’s all about where the money goes, but they’re not going to tell you that.
Read Full Post »